Rolling Deep (No Adele)


With all the possibilities the modern world of social media brings, many brands are finding the need to roll deep, in data that is. The rationale of this not only comes from the age old "having strength in numbers" or something like that, but the need to back up strategic moves and the allocation of marketing dollars.

Pretend you're a brand with hundreds, if not thousands of social mentions everyday. Now imagine if you could make scientific correlations and understand how each and every one of those mentions translated into brand preference, awareness, and real world consumer actions. Being able to look at online conversation on both an aggregate and granular level, along with patterns and trends of the users generating that conversation is incredibly powerful. That's where me and my posse come in.

If you asked me a year ago what I thought of data and analytics, I would've responded with a ugh, boring. But not anymore!  If you ask me now how I feel about pouring over data, facts and figures, I'd say enthralled! It's a bit like solving a mystery actually. You notice something has happened to the data and need a reason why. Suddenly you find a correlation, are hot on the trail, and BAM your prime suspect is right in front of you!! Being a data head is actually quite fun, who knew!?

But anyways...

The moral of the story is that when it comes to making strategic moves and allocating marketing $$$'s, roll deep in data.